Wednesday 25 July 2007

Let's Get This Party Started

Somebody told me I should have an official blog. I was dubious at first. But here it is. No idea what actually prompted me to fill out all the boxes and finally create this page but here it is nonetheless. So, about me and why I'm here writing this. On one hand, it's for myself; an online record of daily thoughts and nonsense. On the other hand, it's for you; it's still an online record of daily thoughts and nonsense.

I'm a writer (so I'm hoping this comes across cohesively although I may well log on tired, asleep, drunk or paranoid and write something intangible and childish - I'll probably get hacked too 'ooh, there goes the paranoia' *). Yes, writing and paranoia. My first novel 'Spritz' came out in March this year and has done really well so far. I'm making great headway with my next novel which should be finished sometime this year. Maybe you found this blog through my website but if not then you can read more about my books and stuff at www.neiljhart.com

Tangent Alert:
So, it's either vindaloo hot in this house or artic cold. There simply is no inbetween. The temperature even differs from upstairs to down. There are a collection of jumpers in the middle of the stairs as a staging area for the climates between floors.

I also design stuff like websites and work for print. CDs, DVDs, brochures etc. I'm not that interested in it but, until the writing hopefully kicks off properly, it pays the bills. I saw on the news today that a bedside table has been invent that converts neatly into a home defense kit. The table top becomes a shield and the shaft a baseball bat. Now, normally i keep a baseball bat beside my bedroom door in order to bust open some skulls (although it is currently on loan as a prop in a film!) so I'm looking at this thing and going, 'hell yeah, i want a shield and batton!'... and then the price is announced. £1200.00. This thing is small and made of wood. How can it cost so much. It seems slightly ironic that anyone breaking into my house would be attacked by the most expensive item in it.

It's too hot. I'm off downstairs.

* I'm fiercely paranoia of the internet in general. I'm sure something is coming down the phone line that I have not requested and will inevitably destroy me and my home. Online banking too is insane. I refuse to dive in. Having money in the bank is dangerous enough. Why I should want to create an online name and password that will give instant access to my funds defies logic. I'm flawed, as are we all.