Monday 30 July 2007

Advertising / Satan

Nadine Baggot (celebrity beauty consultant; a job title that will brand your soul to hell). Why is this woman in my head? I'm sure, if you have the same TV addiction as I do, that you'll know her too. There aren't many people that make me want to score the flesh off my legs with a toothbrush but this woman manages it. Pentapeptides? I ask you. Do we really need to know about this? Do we really have to be force fed the belief that we 'need' to look younger, to stop the aging process, to praise at the alter of Olay? What ever happened to growing old gracefully, with dignity and pride in the way we look and feel about ourselves.

Fisher Fixings are driving me insane as well. How big a market is there for fixings and mountings that necessitate national radio campaign? 'Next time you need to secure a picture, wall or roof make sure you think of Fisher Fixings'. I can think of nothing else! I'd rather listen to the humdrum of Michael Buble of magic FM than sit through another 30 commercial from the Fisher Co.

Oh, and don't get me started on Andie McDowell...

No comments: