Tuesday 11 January 2011

Book Tower 2011

For the past few years I have been buying books. I've read lots of them, but many have remained unread, unloved and under the sideboard. I am now going to dig them all out, pile them up and make a list. I will then read these unloved tomes through the course of 2011 (I'm guessing they'll be a fair number). So, here goes... Back in a tick.

OK, dug them all out. At least, I hope this is all of them.

The Liar - Stephen Fry
Generation A - Douglas Coupland
Leviathan or, The Whale - Philip Hoare
A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian - Marina Lewycka
The Book of Dave - Will Self
Inkdeath - Cornelia Funke
Necronomicon - H. P. Lovecraft
Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
Consuming Passions - Judith Flanders
The Great Influenza - John M. Barry
The Children's Book - A. S. Byatt
Quantum Physics and Theology - John Polkinghome
Little Women and Good Wives - Louisa May Alcott
Chaos - James Gleick
Psychic Warrior - David Morehouse
Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett
Bagombo Snuff Box - Kurt Vonnegut
The Rum Diary - Hunter S. Thompson
The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
Rites of Passage - William Golding
Everything is Illuminated - Jonathan Safranfoer
The Classical World - Robin Lane Fox
Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman
Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates
The Call of the Wild - Jack London
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
The Gormenghast Trilogy - Mervyn Peake
Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
Genome - Matt Ridley
Beowulf
The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt - Shaw
The Search for the Dice Man - Luke Rhineheart
The House of the Spirits - Isabel Allende
Daughter of Fortune - Isabel Allende

Wow, only 34. I shall devour these by the years end if not before. Easy.

Firstly, I must finish the three books I'm in the middle of...

No comments: