Wednesday 15 August 2007

Online Interview

My first online interview went up this week WriteWords... check it out here

A review of my novel Spritz will also be going on the site over the next week or so. Fingers crossed for positivity. I have to admit that so far feedback has been overwhelmingly good. After a bizarre report from 'The Literary Consultancy' in which Mr Richard Skinner states...

"Perhaps you didn't intend for your treatment of character and story and event to be believable, that you actually intended for these things to be drawn with such broad strokes so as to be unbelievable, but I wasn't sure of your reasons for this, because I couldn't detect any satire, social commentary or parody behind you intentions."

...I was a little disillusioned.

Those you that have read Spritz may well laugh at this, as I did reading it back later, for Spritz is entirely that which he does not connect with. Initially I thought that perhaps he was right. Perhaps it wasn't obvious enough that this was a book that parodies scenes and dialogue from film and TV in the mouths and actions of the hopeless. In the end I took some of it out as it was too obvious in places. Perhaps Mr Skinner is not a fan of film, TV, popular culture, irony, sarcasm and comedy. Who knows. Perhaps I'll send him a copy...

No comments: